Within the DIGI-Paint project, five virtual courses will be realised, dedicated to the following topics:
- Measurement and Calculation (3D)
- Pathologies: identification and remedies (3D)
- Wallpapering (3D)
- Coating woodwork (3D)
- Spraying a raw plaster ceiling (VR)
Virtual courses developed in 3D or VR have many advantages:
- Immersive Learning Experience: 3D and VR technologies provide a highly immersive learning experience, allowing students to feel fully engaged and present in the virtual environment. This sense of immersion can enhance retention and understanding of complex concepts.
- Interactive and Hands-on Learning: Virtual courses in 3D and VR often incorporate interactive elements, enabling students to manipulate objects, conduct experiments, or simulate real-life scenarios. This hands-on approach fosters active learning and critical thinking skills.
- Accessibility and Flexibility: Virtual courses can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, making education more accessible to a broader audience. Students can learn independently and revisit the content, promoting personalised learning.
- Safe Learning Environment: Students can make mistakes, learn from them, and refine their skills in a controlled setting.
- Gamification techniques: The gamification features of the project make learning more engaging and encourage teachers and trainers to improve their skills continually.
If you want to see an example of a virtual DIGI-Paint course click here.